There’s a reason we refer to floatation as “therapy.” Float therapy, or floatation REST (Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy), is an easy and effective way to invest in your health and happiness. Designed to eliminate all external stimuli, a float tank lets your mind and body take a break from the constant environmental stimulation (gravity, temperature, sound, light, etc.) encountered daily.
Various studies reveal that floating in a state of weightless relaxation can provide a wealth of health benefits. Along with the psychological benefits of float therapy, those who float regularly also enjoy improvements to their physical and emotional wellbeing.
Spending time in a floating tank activates what’s called the parasympathetic nervous system, which is the body’s natural mechanism for healing and revitalization that operates during periods of deep relaxation. Inducing this process can do wonders for your immune system and physical health. Additionally, floatation can decrease blood pressure, which, according to the American Heart Association, is a chronic condition for more than 100 million Americans, and can lead to further health problems.
Additional Floatation Therapy Benefits
The benefits of float tank therapy are virtually endless. Beyond the most popular uses for floating, there are still plenty of other perks to experience – from the rich composition of the float tank saltwater to increasing your spiritual connection. Read about even more of the floating tank advantages below.
The Benefits of Epsom Salt Therapy
In addition to the physical floating tank benefits of deep relaxation, the act of floating in our Epsom salt solution offers wondrous advantages. The benefits of Epsom salt begin with magnesium sulfate. When delivered in adequate levels, magnesium can:
- Reduce muscle soreness.
- Speed up recovery.
- Reduce stress.
- Exfoliate the skin.
- Relieve chronic pain.
- Add volume to limp hair.
How Float Spa Visits Increase Creativity
Float sessions often initiate creative inspiration. In fact, by unlocking new lines of communication along our neural pathways, float therapy helps to:
- Rid established patterns.
- Stimulate creative thinking.
- Engage our imaginations.
For example, author Michael Hutchison, who literally wrote the book on float therapy, said he couldn’t have completed the project without regular float center visits. In fact, he said the book “is not only about floating, but was conceived while floating and largely written in my mind while floating.”
Lifestyle Benefits of Float Therapy
Like yoga, acupuncture, or cryotherapy, floatation therapy is a wellness practice, and the more you practice, the more improvements you’ll see in your day-to-day life. Regular float studio appointments may aid in:
- Stronger relationships: Those who float may be able to enjoy stronger relationships with their family, friends and co-workers. If you’re able to reduce stress, sleep sounder, focus more and discover mental stability, you may begin to find your interactions and connections with others more positive and meaningful.
- Changing bad habits: Be it smoking, drinking, or even eating to excess, floatation REST can work as an intervention tool to assist in ending bad habits and addictions. The improved connection between the mind and body can encourage you to bring more awareness to your decisions and how your life choices make you feel.
- Improved self-love: The daily hustle and bustle can be stressful and overwhelming – so much so that we can forget to carve out time for ourselves. Adding regular floatation to your wellness routine is a simple and effective way to take a step back, soothe your mind and soul and emerge recharged and renewed.
At Float8, we aim to arm you with the most important and up-to-date float therapy research and knowledge, so you will feel comfortable and confident when entrusting us with your valuable free time. Floating can provide an endless list of health benefits, whether you’re:
- A medical professional with an irregular sleep schedule.
- An overly stressed entrepreneur.
- A patient suffering from depression.
- A professional athlete in search of new recovery therapies.
- An addict seeking to treat a substance abuse disorder.
- An overworked parent — or even an expectant parent.
- A person on the autistic spectrum seeking a calm refuge.
- A student struggling to maintain focus.
- A gamer who needs an escape from technology.
Whoever you are and whatever the reason you are researching floatation, Float8 Wellness Lounge in South Florida welcomes you with open arms to relax, recover and reset with us today – and every day.