We’re creatures of habit. We know that making healthy choices can help us live healthier lives. Maybe you’re trying to break old bad habits – exercising more, quitting smoking, or reducing stress. You already know it’s not easy. But research shows you can build healthy habits with float therapy and other wellness practices. Read on to learn how your float sessions can help develop healthy habits.
3 Steps for Healthier Habits in 2022
If you’re looking to start the year with healthier habits focused on your mental and physical wellness, here are some quick ways to make it happen:
- Step 1: Schedule your float sessions & stick to them. Consult with our experts to find the best schedule for your needs. Whether it’s weekly or monthly, pick a plan. Floating positively affects habit-building, so starting with a consistent routine will ensure you follow through.
- Step 2: Boost your floating sessions. Introduce a meditation practice to your floatation therapy sessions to increase your benefits and boost your session. Meditation helps build a positive and proactive mindset that will keep you focused on your new resolutions.
- Step 3: Create a post-float ritual. Don’t let the benefits of your float thearpy sessions dissipate once you leave the studio. Keep up your progress with a post-floating session that includes exercise, listening to music, or a walk outdoors. Soon enough, you’ll be more committed to your healthier habits.
The Wellness Benefits of Floating
What makes floating so unique and comprehensive is that it provides a total mind-body experience, along with many benefits that compound over time. Float therapy is proven to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression; reduce chronic fatigue and insomnia; accelerate mental clarity; soothe chronic pain and inflammation, and deepen meditation practices.
For many float tank users, the benefits that they receive from therapy transfer over to their habits and wellness goals. By reaping benefits like decreased stress, more focus, improved energy, and reduced pain, it’s easier to start focusing on healthy habits overall.
Obviously, like many habits, to experience the benefits of floating, consistency is vital. For most people, this means developing a practice of 1-4 floats per month. Early studies have shown that flotation therapy can decrease stress, depression, anxiety, and pain.
Float Therapy Can Help Break Bad Habits
In addition to helping reduce physical symptoms, float therapy can help with behavior adjustments. Floating can help bring more attention to noticing different behavioral patterns, even smoking, and addiction. Float therapy can help increase calmness and a sense of well-being. When you introduce new healthy habits into your lifestyle, it becomes easier to break through old patterns. It can also work well as part of weight loss programs. Float therapy can help boost endorphin production, which can help reduce cravings and overeating habits. In addition, float therapy has shown to be highly successful in treating addictive behaviors when used as part of a comprehensive treatment program.
The first thing to start building healthy habits is to become aware of your bad ones. Float therapy offers a unique opportunity to focus on self-awareness. By providing a sound and relaxing environment, when paired with a meditation practice, float therapy can help improve self-awareness.
Tips for Building Healthy Habits
It all starts with a plan. Make a quick plan that includes reasonable, specific, and timely goals that serve as a guide. Consider what you’ll need to be successful and achieve these goals. To build healthy goals, you also need to start doing positive things that reinforce and reward your new habits. Because it’s easy to get distracted, planning can be helpful. For example, booking your monthly floating sessions in advance can help you stay focused. It can also help you make sure you stick to your plan.
Here are some tips for building healthy habits:
- Plan to identify unhealthy patterns and triggers.
- Change your environment to surround yourself with positive triggers.
- Ask for support when you feel you need an extra pump.
- Schedule healthy activities such as exercise, floating, and hobbies.
- Track your progress to stay focused.
- Reward yourself after achieving small goals or milestones.
Book Your Float Session
Start building healthy habits through floating therapy. Book a float session today and start scheduling activities that promote healthy habits and overall wellness. Float8 is your premier destination for float therapy. Find a location near you today and start building healthy habits this month.