What is float therapy, and how does it benefit parents, specifically? The act of floatation can provide moms and dads with life improvement tactics, like making better decisions and reacting more mindfully. Additionally, floating can be a saving grace for pregnant women seeking comfort. Known for both its psychical and psychological healing powers, Epsom salt water therapy provides a haven of relaxation while removing pressure from the body, as well as external stimuli from the equation. If you’re a parent or expectant mother feeling tense, stressed and exhausted, consider booking a visit to a float spa, which offers a natural way to recharge and reboot.
How Floatation Helps Parents
As a busy parent, oftentimes, it’s difficult to unplug and disconnect from your everyday family responsibilities. However, at Float8 Wellness Lounge, we believe that the wide range of floatation therapy benefits are geared specifically toward parents just like you. We encourage you to take time for yourself – one float session per week, or even per month, can do wonders for your overall health. Parents who set aside time for the floating tank can:
- Relieve stress: Experience deep relaxation, as well as the possible reduction in the stress hormone known as cortisol. As a positive trade-off, floating can increase the production of your happy hormones, like serotonin and dopamine, when you may otherwise feel depleted.
- Reduce anxiety: Whether battling an anxiety disorder or episodic anxiety surrounding your parenting duties, a float tank can help lower your anxiety levels.
- Fall asleep faster: We all need sound sleep to function each day. If you are having trouble sleeping due to a newborn or sleep training your toddler at home, floatation REST therapy can help you fall asleep faster. Get the quality rest you need, as well as improving your sleep schedule, without the use of sleeping pills and supplements.
- Improve concentration: If you are having trouble focusing due to lack of sleep or your overwhelming daily task list, consider floating to improve your focus. You can work on omitting scattered thoughts, and instead, experience mental clarity, which will help you restructure your thoughts and priorities.
- Meditate: For parents who enjoy multitasking, a meditation float tank can allow you to experience all of the comprehensive benefits of salt therapy, while also reaching a Zenlike state. The sensory deprivation tank experience allows for increased mindfulness, which, when practiced regularly, can help you retrain your mind and find inner peace.
- Enjoy deep relaxation: Looking after your kids all day can be exhausting, both mentally and physically. When you visit our float spa wellness center, you can enjoy the psychological benefits of float therapy, thanks to a quiet refuge that offers sensory deprivation. This can assist with drowning out the needs and voices of the outside world.
- Decrease pain: If you are seeking to reduce pain from being on your feet all day, our float pods offer an organic pain relief option. Floating can speed up muscle and injury recovery, along with working to decrease joint pain, so you can focus more on your family and less on daily strains. Many parents also turn to floating tanks as a chronic pain management tool, which offers a natural alternative to using pain medications.
Floatation Therapy Benefits for Pregnant Women
The weightless relaxation offered by float therapy can help expectant mothers reduce tension from all parts of the body. The benefits of Epsom salt soaking are vast, and can range from decreased pain to less inflammation (swelling) of the feet and other parts of the body. And, our salt water float tanks are rich with magnesium, a mineral supplement commonly prescribed to pregnant women, which can easily be absorbed through the skin.
Take a load off at Float8, where we welcome expectant moms into our zero gravity float tanks. With the help of a pool noodle, we can safely coach you on how to flip on to your stomach while floating, which, in the final months of your third trimester can entirely remove the weight of your baby from your body.
Additionally, pregnant women report that float pod therapy can also help you experience a deeper connection with your unborn child. Also referred to as the Mirror Effect, the float tank itself is very womblike, and when paired with the ability to listen to both your own heartbeat and your baby’s heartbeat, can provide a unique and special baby-bonding experience.
Click here to learn more about how floating can help you through your pregnancy.
Visiting Float Spas After Giving Birth
As a new mom, your floatation journey does not have to end when you give birth. Instead, allow regular float sessions to help you adjust to motherhood. Setting aside time for a salt water spa can help you:
- Decrease postpartum depression.
- Enjoy much-needed rest.
- Increase self-love.
- Quicken bodily healing.
- Absorb magnesium, which is beneficial to breastfeeding.
There are various Epsom salt benefits for new moms. In fact, soaking in a sitz bath comprised of Epsom salt can help relieve itching, irritation, hemorrhoids, constipation and minor pain surrounding the perineum after childbirth. However, we recommend speaking with your OBGYN to find out when it is safe for you to enter a full float tank again – especially since our float pods, orbs and cabins contain 1,000 pounds of Epsom salt that permeate through your entire body. Remember that every birth experience and healing process is different, so it is best to consult with your physician, which will allow you to float with care, as well as peace of mind.